New York Fashion Photographer, and loyal Phottix user, Lindsay Adler recently released her Fine Art Nudes DVD and Posing Guide. Phottix is holding a contest to give one lucky ready both these amazing products.
The Fine Art Nude DVD: When it comes to photographing nudes, you must learn to master your tools and techniques as a photographer. Posing and lighting become paramount to your creative expression in order to flatter the nude form.
Lindsay will delve deep into the the concepts of posing and lighting, and how these two essential tools effect the appears of the nude. Finally, you will see how many elements come together in the making of striking and creative fine art nudes using posing, lighting, lens choice, angle, concept and much more.
In this 3+ hour tutorial Lindsay Adler walks you through the fundamentals of the core tools available to a fine art nude photographer. After a thorough exploration of these elements, Lindsay demonstrates how nudes become fine art nudes through a variety of creative techniques that you too can master!
The video is composed of 4 main sections; Intro, Posing, Lighting, and Creativity.
– Communicating with and directing your subject – Communication is key when planning and shooting a nude session. Lindsay will discuss how to cover important topics like grooming, shoot expectations, and body positioning.
– Planning your shoots
– Posing fundamentals – Learn how your camera sees and emphasize certain areas of the body while drawing attention away from others in order to flatter your subject— all with posing.
– 5 Tips to Improve your Fine Art Nude posing
– 5 Fine Art Nude cautions – What common posing mistakes can ruin a pose and why? You will learn common mistakes and how to watch for these in your subject and while directing a pose.
– 5 Go-To Poses – Learn 5 go-to poses that are a great starting pose for any session. Master these poses and then build and refine to create something unique!
– Lighting Essentials: How light and shadow shape the form – Don’t just learn to mimic lighting setups… instead learn how light effects the subject’s body and how to use this to your advantage. Lindsay will show you how different modifiers and angles of light change the appear of the nude human form.
– 10 Go-to fine art nude lighting setups (including diagrams, discussion of what gear to use, and how to utilize the setups) – Lindsay will cover 10 go-to fine art nude lighting setups and explain her modifier choices and position of the light as well as how lighting, posing, modifier angle, and more work together for a successful image. / Learn lighting with one, two and three lights to fit any budget!
– Lighting and posing are the foundations of your creative tool kit, now it’s time to create! Join Lindsay as she explores the human form and turns nudes into fine art nudes! Watch as she photographs dance, paint with light, body paint, silhouettes and more. During each shoot Lindsay explains her thought process behind lens choice, lighting, posing, camera angle and how all of the essential elements discussed before come together. Lindsay discusses her thought process behind lighting, lens choice, angle, pose and much more.
The Posing Guide: There is nothing more artistic than working with the raw human form, but there is also nothing harder! You don’t have the comfort of clothing, or accessories to hide behind, which is why this guide will help you master posing the nude human form.
In this Fine Art Nude posing guide you will find an abundance of high quality posing examples — 50 in fact, including camera settings and pose description to help inspire you to create amazing nude portraits.
How to Enter:
Jump over to the entry form on the Phottix Facebook Page to enter.
Don’t want to sign up on Facebook? Sign up here:
The Intro video below is NSFW.