A big shout-out from “the man” himself, David Hobby, at the Strobist blog – the blog that started a revolution. The value-priced Phottix Ares flash triggers were given the shout out last week by The Strobist – and are now listed among his recommended gear list. What does he say? (see the full post here)…
Sigma announces new mirrorless cameras, lens and E-mount adapter
Nikon announced its new “premium series” of Nikon DL series cameras, Ricoh announces WG-M2 action cam.
Canon also announced the PowerShot G7 X Mark II and lightweight PowerShot SX720 HS digital cameras.
Following Ricoh’s announcement of the Pentax K-1 full frame DSLR, Canon has announced the 80D, and upgrade to the popular 70D. Among other new features, the Canon 80D features a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for, as Canon says in its press release, “…crisp images with fine detail.”
Other features include:
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system (compared to 19-points on the Canon 70D)
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- Newly Developed 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6 image processor for enhanced image quality
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, fast and accurate autofocus with video and stills
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2 and NFCTM2 capability for easy transfer of images and movies to compatible mobile devices
- 1080/60p Full HD video to capture brilliant results in MP4 format for easy movie sharing on select social networking sites
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even outdoors