The Phottix Atlas II is making it’s way around the world after last week’s release. A few common questions have come up, let’s go over them.
Is the range really 350 meters? Yes. Depending on environment interference and transceiver orientation the range may be even farther. A Phottix product tester was triggering flashes at 600 meters with 90% success rate.
Will the Atlas II will work with the first Atlas? No, they are not compatible.
Will the Atlas II trigger flash triggers from other manufacturers? No, the Phottix Atlas II is compatible with the Phottix Odin and Strato Series of triggers.
How is the Atlas II compatible? The Phottix Atlas II is compatible with Phottix Odin, Strato II Multi 5-in-1 and Phottix Strato 4-in-1 Wireless Trigger Systems.
- Phottix Odin TCUs set on Channel 1, 2, 3 or 4 and in any group will trigger the Phottix Atlas II set on Channel 1, 2, 3 or 4. Other Odin TCU functions will not work with the Atlas II.
- Phottix Strato II Transmitter set on Channel 1, 2, 3 or 4 and in any group will trigger the Phottix Atlas II set on Channel 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Phottix Strato transmitters will trigger the Atlas II on Channels 1 to 4.
- The Atlas II will trigger Strato receivers.
- The Atlas II will not trigger Strato II Multi or Odin receivers.
Do I need special cables to use the Atlas II as a wired or wireless shutter release? The standard Phottix Accessory Cables used with all Phottix products will connect an Atlas II to a camera for wired or wireless shutter release functions.
I’m trying to trigger my camera and flashes wirelessly – but the flash is going off before the camera’s shutter releases. What’s up with that? When using an Atlas II as a wireless shutter release any flashes on the same channel will fire before the camera does – they will not sync. One way around this is to use four Atlas IIs. One pair of Atlas IIs would be set to one channel and control shutter functions – the second pair would need to be set to a different channel, with one Atlas II in the camera hot shoe and another with a flash.
I live in America, can I buy this? Yes, the Phottix Atlas II is available world-wide.