Phottix is releasing a firmware upgrade for its Phottix Mitros TTL Flashes for Canon and Nikon. Change logs, install instructions and files are available in the below download links.
What does the upgrades do?
For v3.20 for the Phottix Mitros TTL Flash for Nikon:
1. Re-optimizes the overheating protection function of the flash and increases the number of flashes before the overheating protection function engages.
2. Fine-tunes flash brightness/output levels.
The v1.02B5 firmware for the Phottix Mitros TTL Flash for Canon add the following:
1. Added function: Faster adjustments. Pressing and holding the arrow adjustment buttons will continuously make plus or minus adjustments – no need to press the button again and again. Single button presses will adjust levels by 1/3rd stop increments. Note: functions not available when adjusting zoom settings.
2. Re-optimizes the overheating protection function of the flash and increases the number of flashes before the overheating protection function engages.
3. Improves the situation in that a Mitros, as the slave unit, may be out of sync when working with Canon G1X and 600EX as the master unit.
4. Modifies settings that may have caused the flash to default to using full-frame camera settings when Factory Default Settings are restored.
5. Improves the situation in that Multi Mode function will not work when using a Canon 10D.
6. Modifies the setting that the number of flashes in Multi mode will change when adjusting the manual output level.
7. Improved the overexposure problem when using with Canon EOS M and Odin.
8. Optimization of flash power levels.
There have been some difficulties encountered by Mac users trying to upgrade their Mitros flashes. For this Phottix offers a deep apology.
The Mac Upgrade Application V1.64 works with only newer hardware versions of the Mitros.
Mitros for Canon— 1.04 or later version
Mitros for Nikon—- 1.03 or later version
If the hardware version of Mitros flashes is lower than above versions, the Mitros can only be upgraded on a PC using Windows OS or a Mac with Windows Bootcamp Partition. Mac users, again, an apology.
To check the hardware version of your Mitros Flash.
- Press and hold the HSS/SCS button and turn on the flash.
- This will open the “versions” screen. If the hardware version on the flash is lower than what is listed above the Mac upgrade software cannot be used.
Again, apologies for the confusion.