Phottix is releasing the v1.06F firmware upgrade or its Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flashes for Canon. Firmware Version v1.02B7 Change logs, install instructions and files are available in the below download links.
This firmware upgrade is for Phottix Mitros+ flashes, not regular Phottix Mitros for Canon.
What does the upgrades do?
1. Improves Flash Head Orientation Icon display on the LCD display when flash head is raised or rotated from the 0 degree standard forward position.
2. Improves the Odin Tx Mode settings that:
a) Adjusting the Zoom levels of the Local (L) flash and prevents issues with Mitros+ Flashes in Odin Rx Mode changing zoom simultaneously.
b) Rx flash groups in TTL mode will not fire at full power output when the Test button is pressed and C.Fn 07 Test fire function is set to 1-Full output.
c) Fires Rx flashes (with Strato II Multi Rx mounted on) in Sleep mode.
3. Improves the Mitros+ firing while on camera and issues with overheat protection. Mitros+ will fire even if red “ready” lamp is not illuminated.
4. Improves issues with maximum flash counts when the Mitros+ Multi mode is set to “N—”.
5. Optimization of the recycling time and the flash power levels.
There have been some difficulties encountered by Mac users trying to upgrade their Mitros flashes. For this Phottix offers a deep apology.
The Mac Upgrade Application V1.64 works with only newer hardware versions of the Mitros.
Mitros for Canon— 1.04 or later version
Mitros for Nikon—- 1.03 or later version
If the hardware version of Mitros flashes is lower than above versions, the Mitros can only be upgraded on a PC using Windows OS or a Mac with Windows Bootcamp Partition. Mac users, again, an apology.
To check the hardware version of your Mitros Flash.
- Press and hold the HSS/SCS button and turn on the flash.
- This will open the “versions” screen. If the hardware version on the flash is lower than what is listed above the Mac upgrade software cannot be used.