New: Odin TTL Trigger for Nikon firmware v1.06

December 27, 2013

WP Greet Box icon
Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.
Phottix Odin TTL Trigger for Nikon

Phottix Odin TTL Trigger for Nikon

After a long wait, the v1.06 firmware for the Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Nikon is now available for download. What does v1.06 do?

1. Improves issue of flash not firing because of sleep mode when shooting long exposures.

2. Improves possible misfire issues occurring after a flash has been fired at a high power level.

3. Test Button and Light Meters: Pressing the Test button on the transmitter will cause the flashes in A, B and C groups to fire simultaneously. Group(s) turned off will not fire.

When the flashes in A, B and C groups are set to Manual (M) mode, pressing the Test button on the transmitter will cause the flashes (which are powered on and on the same channel as the transmitter) to fire an initial low-power pre-flash. The flashes will fire simultaneously at their set manual power levels 2.5s later. This feature allows for light meters to be used correctly.

4. Added function: Taking photos when the transmitter is displaying the version information will cause the transmitter to exit the version display screen and back to standard screen.

ods3What is ods?

ods is Overdrive Sync, a new beta function in the latest firmware. This function allows triggering delay times to be set on an Odin TCU. This can allow an increase in sync speed over standard X-Sync when using studio lights. Don’t get too excited – a number of variables come in to play: Your camera, the studio light, the power level and flash duration of the studio light can all effect the ods function. What works with one brand and model and studio light may not work with another.

A new menu has been added to the Odin – this will allow a triggering delay (in milliseconds) to be set. This takes experimentation to find the “sweet spot” in your set-up.

Note: This is a beta function. As there are many variable in how ODS functions experimentation is required by the user to find the “sweet spot” delay time for the camera and studio light being used. Technical support for ODS is not available, but feedback on the function so it can be further refined is appreciated.

For more information see the change log included in the firmware archive.

Download

V1.06 for Phottix Odin for Nikon – PC Installer

V1.06 for Phottix Odin for Nikon – Mac Installer

s

1. Upgraded Firmware v1.02 for Odin TTL Trigger for Nikon
  2. Phottix Odin for Canon firmware update
  3. Phottix Odin TTL Trigger for Nikon shipping
  4. Phottix Odin for Nikon 1.03 Firmware Available
  5. You wanted 1/3rd stop adjustments – New Odin for Canon firmware available
Eugene Bogorad December 27, 2013 at 6:05 pm

What about using Odin on non-Nikon bodies in ‘manual’ mode? YN did just that in their latest firmware update!!

David December 29, 2013 at 4:41 am

Just tried it. Doesn’t fix pre-flash bug on long exposure shots with rear curtain sync – there’s a small powered flash at the beginning and a more powerful one at the end. Please get rid of the pre-flash on rear curtain – it creates ghosting!!

Kameratrollet - Fotograf i Skåne December 30, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Really nice to see!

Mark Adams December 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I upgraded my Odin to 1.06, and now the display light on the Odin will not activate using the camera display activation lever like it would before.
I’ve tried this on both a Nikon D4 and a D800e. Won’t work on either. The green “ready” light comes on, but the lcd screen on the Odin will not come on.

Mark Adams December 31, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I went ahead and downloaded the previous 1.03 firmware version until this bug is fixed with the display light.

Mark Adams December 31, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I suddenly feel embarrassed. I guess the Odin TCU LCD panel never did light up when you activated you camera’s top LCD panel. I must have been thinking about a Nikon Speedlight that lights up when you activate the camera’s LCD panel. I reverted back to firmware version 1.03 and the TCU LCD still didn’t light up, so I figure, it never did. Maybe you can add this feature to future firmware updates.

Sorry,
Mark

David Lai January 5, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I just did the update on my transmitter and 2 receivers.
One of the receivers is fine and blinking green when on but the other one is flashing orange…
I have tried to re-update the firmware 3 times and still the same result..
What should I do next?

David Lai January 5, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Please disregard my previous comment!
I traced the issue to weak batteries…I changed the battery and it works fine now!
I thought weak batteries should show up as blinking red but they show up as orange…

Darryl Lafferty January 6, 2014 at 3:34 am

Have tried to down load firmware update 1.06 for Odin TTL for Nikon the Mac installer. When I click on the soft ware application it give me an error message that it can’t be opened because it is an application from an unknown developer. Please advise how to correct this problem.

Phottix Journal January 7, 2014 at 5:45 am

Hello Darryl: This is an issue with Mac’s System Preferences Security Settings. You will need need to allow downloaded software to be run on your computer – by default only software from the Mac App Store is executable.

Warren Disbrow January 7, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Is this upgrade for just the transmitter or do I have to update all the receivers too?

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 2 trackbacks }