Announcing: The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash is the best of Phottix’s gold-standard products all-in-one.
What’s the + ?
+ Built-in Odin Transmitter
+ Built-in Odin Receiver
+ Built-in Strato Receiver
+ Memory Functions
The Phottix Mitros is a powerful and durable hot shoe flash that has proven popular since it’s release earlier this year. The Phottix Mitros+ adds significant functionality, allowing photographers to not only use the Mitros+ on or off camera, but also to control and trigger remote flashes by radio signal. The Mitros+ is a new industry landmark and was developed with input from professional photographers, world-wide.
- GN: 58 Canon-compatible TTL Flash
- Built-in: Phottix Odin Transmitter and Receiver, and Strato Receiver
- Optical Slave
- Canon-compatible Master/Slave IR Triggering Modes
- ETTL I/II, Manual and Multi Stroboscopic Modes
- High Speed Sync and Second Curtain Sync
- AF Assist Light
- Flash Zoom: 24-105mm
- External Battery Port, 3.5mm Sync Port
- Quick Flash Mode
Use the Mitros+ on-camera as a key or fill light, and control and trigger other Mitros+ flashes or compatible flashes using Phottix Odin Receivers. Built-in Phottix Odin and Strato II Receiver functions mean the Mitros+ can be used with many existing Phottix flash triggers.
The Odin Transmitter in the Mitros+ operates similarly to the Phottix Odin TCU. Photographers have three groups, A, B and C, and four channels to use. Control TTL EV adjustments of +- 3 in 1/3 stops and manual power from full power to 1/128 in 1/3 stops. The Mitros+ can be triggered by existing Phottix Strato II Multi transmitters.
In additional to the Transmitter and Receiver functions, the Mitros+ is also a flash. Perfect for fast-paced wedding and event photographers or photojournalists shooting where an on-camera TTL flash is a must. The Mitros+ is truly all-in-one.
The easy-to-use Mitros+ also offers TTL, Manual and Multi Stroboscopic modes, a rotating and elevating flash head, high speed sync, second curtain sync, external battery port, 3.5mm sync port and custom functions.
With Phottix Odin functionality built-in the Mitros+ be can used to trigger Phottix Odin and Strato Receivers. Likewise: You can trigger the Mitros+ using a Phottix Odin TCU or Strato II Multi Transmitter. Using the Mitros+ in Odin Transmitter Mode provides the same functions found on the Phottix Odin, including:
- Remote power control of groups in TTL with +/- EV adjustments – 3 stops in 1/3 stop increments – 18 different levels
- Remote power control in Manual Mode: Full power to 1/128 in 1/3 stop increments.
- Mix TTL and Manual flash – Fire some groups in TTL, others in manual.
- Remote power control in A:B ratio modes with +/- EV adjustments.
- High speed sync – Shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
The Mitros+ will control and trigger other Mitros+ flashes in receiver mode or Phottix Odin Receivers. Like the Phottix Odin, the Mitros+ has a backlit LCD and is intuitive and easy to use.
The Mitros+ has a built-in Strato II Multi-compatible receiver. Existing Strato II Multi transmitters can trigger the Mitros+. The Mitros+ can also trigger Strato II Multi and Strato I Receivers, and Atlas II Transceivers in Rx Mode, when used as an Odin TCU.
New with the Mitros+: Built-in memory functions. Three sets of flash and function information can be saved in the Mitros+’s memory and be quickly recalled when needed. Do you use the Mitros+ in different modes for different situations? Quickly recall saved set-ups for fast use.
The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash for Canon will be available in October 2013. A Nikon-compatible version is scheduled to be released by the end of the year.