We get a lot of questions regarding the Phottix Odin, Atlas II, Strato II Multi and Strato and how they work together. It’s easy to understand.
The triggers are backwards compatible – meaning the newest triggers systems will work with older receivers – this does not hold true the other way. Older triggers will not work with newer receivers. The digital coding in the newer triggers is slightly different – they can work with older models but not the other way around. Let’s take a quick look:
Phottix Odin TTL Trigger for Canon
– Will trigger Phottix Odin, Phottix Atlas II, Phottix Strato II Multi and Phottix Strato Receivers
– Phottix Strato II Multi and Phottix Strato transmitters will not trigger Phottix Odin receivers
– Phottix Atlas II triggers in transmit mode will not trigger Phottix Odin receivers
Phottix Strato II Multi
– Will trigger Phottix Strato II Multi and Phottix Strato Receivers, and Phottix Atlas II triggers in receiver mode
– Phottix Strato II Multi transmitters will not trigger Phottix Odin receivers
– Will trigger Phottix Strato Receivers and Phottix tlas II triggers in receiver mode
– Phottix Strato transmitters will not trigger Phottix Odin or Phottix Strato II Multi receivers
Phottix Atlas II
– Will trigger Phottix Atlas II triggers in receiver mode or Phottix Strato receivers
– Will not trigger Phottix Odin or Strato II receivers or first generation Phottix Atlas triggers
Understand? Easy as pie.
Nikon? Canon? Sony?
Another question: Will a Strato or Strato II Multi Transmitter for Canon trigger a Strato or Strato II Multi receiver for Nikon/Sony ?
Answer: Yes. The Canon/Nikon/Sony designation refers only to the hot shoe on each receiver and possible functions (wake-up) related to that hot shoe. You can use a Strato II Multi for Canon transmitter and trigger Nikon or Sony flashes on Strato receivers for those units – but you will lose any flash wake-up functions as (in most cases) that is a dedicated camera system function.
Any questions? Sound off in the comments.
Updated: January 15, 2013 with Atlas II compatibility data.