You’ve been asking for it and here it is.
Cut the light reaching your sensor by 2-8 stops. The Phottix VND Variable ND Filter screws on like a regular lens filter and is completely adjustable. Do away with static ND filters and change density as the environment changes. The filter, made of Germany glass, is optimized to minimize vignetting issues.
Focusing is much easier with a VND then with a tradition ND filter. Make it brighter to focus, make it darker to take the shot – much easier than taking a traditional ND filter out of the holder, focusing, then adding it back again.
How can a VND filter be used?
- 2-8 stops of variable density (ND4 to ND256)
- Reduce brightness without affecting color or depth of field
- Enable slower shutter speeds for blurring effect in water, clouds or cars.
- Decrease depth of field by allowing large apertures to be used while keeping shutter speeds lower.
- For DSLR Video: Help optimize your shutter speed – keeping it double your FPS rate.
- When using film: Decrease the sensitivity of high speed ISO films in bright outdoor conditions.
Check with your local Phottix retailer or check it out in the Phottix Online Store.