Canon also announced the PowerShot G7 X Mark II and lightweight PowerShot SX720 HS digital cameras.
Following Ricoh’s announcement of the Pentax K-1 full frame DSLR, Canon has announced the 80D, and upgrade to the popular 70D. Among other new features, the Canon 80D features a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for, as Canon says in its press release, “…crisp images with fine detail.”
Other features include:
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system (compared to 19-points on the Canon 70D)
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- Newly Developed 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6 image processor for enhanced image quality
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, fast and accurate autofocus with video and stills
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2 and NFCTM2 capability for easy transfer of images and movies to compatible mobile devices
- 1080/60p Full HD video to capture brilliant results in MP4 format for easy movie sharing on select social networking sites
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even outdoors
The new Pentax K-1 full-frame DSLR and Panasonic GF8 were announced this week. Will Pentax repeat the success it has had with the 645 medium format series?
Kelby Trainer “RC” Concepcion goes over the new Phottix Odin II TTL Flash trigger in a new video.
Phottix Photographer Jennifer Emery is conducting a Portfolio Building Workshop in Las Vegas, March 5. Building your portfolio in a fashion walk workshop help Las Vegas’ Neon Museum. Included are lighting gear, model, location permits and Jennifer’s mentoring. More details and Sign up: https://squareup.com/market/jenniferemery/neon-museum-portfolio-photo-walk