Canon 7D Specs
Another day, another Canon 7D leak. A Chinese website has leaked details of Canon’s rumored 7D DSLR. And, there are photographs of the worst kept secret in the industry. No, the 7D is not full-frame, but an APS-C sensor with a 1.6 crop. A fast 8 frames-per-second is listed in the specs.
The Canon 7D price seems up in the air. Different sources have quoted between $1600 to $2700 USD.
What will all that money get you, other than the 7D’s 18 megapixels?
- Dual Digic 4 imaging processors, 14-bit A/D signal conversion
- 18 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 8 FPS (94 Large/Fine JPEGS or 15 RAW)
- ISO 100-6400, extendable to 12800
- 19 points cross-type auto-focus sensors. eight-directional double-cross central AF points
- 100% 1.0x optical viewfinder with intelligent display and horizon line.
- 3.0 inch LCD
- New metering system using color detection and high contrast.
- Metallic shutter sound with rated lifespan of approximately 150,000.
- High-Def movie mode, HDMI out, external mic input
- EOS Dust Removal system
- Face-priority AF om Live View Mode
- Auto correction of lens vignetting
- New Live View/Video mode switch.
- 24mm wide-angle built-in flash with E-TTL II
A press conference is schedule for September 1. Photographers can then differentiate fact from fiction, and learn about Canon’s newest lenses.