Online review DPReview published their review on Canon’s long-awaited full-frame mirrorless offering. For those that have missed the hullabaloo, the specs on the Canon EOS R features:
- 30MP full frame sensor with Dual Pixel autofocus
- 3.69M dot OLED viewfinder
- Fully articulated rear LCD
- Autofocus rated down to -6EV (with F1.2 lens)
- Up to 8 fps shooting (5 fps with continuous AF, 3 fps ‘Tracking Priority mode’)
In its review, DPReview states:
With the EOS R, you are, in essence, getting image and video quality from the 5D Mark IV at around the price point of the 6D Mark II with a healthy dose of control philosophy from both of those cameras as well as the EOS M series. Unfortunately, while it’s capable of great image quality, handling and ergonomics are a mixed bag and the EOS R’s video capabilities lag behind the competition considerably.
Not overt praise for Canon. The camera scored only a 79% on the reviewer’s scale.
Read the full post and get the full story.