A Nikon D4? The Canon 60D? There’s a lot of scuttlebutt in the world of digital camera rumors. How much is true? How much is myth? Only the Shadow knows…. FYI and enlightenment – the Phottix Photography Rumors Round-up
Lots of noise here:
- Nikon D4 images – some nice camera shots here, but I am not sure about the dial or the labeled buttons
- No D700 replacement in 2010? – apparently a Canon Pro who was switching was told this
- FINALLY a Nikon Lens Cup – Now let the debate begin!!! Who has the better mug?
- Spotted: AF-S 80-400mm
It seems a bit quite, but they did have an update on all the tidbits that are flowing through
- 60D – various reports of an imminent arrival, 50D is reported to be hard to reorder
- 100-400 replacement – not happening as stock is still available, but if Nikon are to update their 80-400 maybe
- 500mm f/5.6 or 600mm f/5.6 – people are asking for these, and a 500mm f /5.6L IS would be logical to replace the 400mm f/5.6L (I’m not too sure about this personally)
- G12 – will have a CMOS sensor and shoot HD Video, which we have already seen in the high end PowerShot and IXUS (SD) cameras
A modular camera from Olympus on the way? Two separate sightings of a strange Olympus camera at an Atlanta festival seem to indicate this.
I saw what looked like a removable square module for the lens mount that would slide in and out from the top. There was a definite groove around the bottom and sides of the lens mount. The only markings were OLYMPUS above the lens mount.
It looked like the whole lens mount would slide in from the top. There was a distinct line below and to the sides of the lens mount, but not on top, so I would guess they slide in from the top. Perhaps that would allow a choice between EVF and Optical? The camera itself looked like a combination of an E1 and E 300 with a battery grip. It looked like he was using a 12-60 on it. The finish didn’t look great either, like it was cobbled together
Sony Alpha A290 and Alpha A390 appeared in a Swedish magazine:
The much criticized grip of the A230/A330/A380 series is gone, and replaced with a more conventional and apparently with much better ergonomic.
The Smart Teleconverter button is moved out of the way a little, up onto the camera top.
Resolution of the low end model is increased with 40%, so now both are equipped with 14 Mp image sensors. Couldn’t find any mention of it being CCD or CMOS, but have made a quick browse only so far.
And A390 has Quick LiveView, while A290 has not (thanks Sony, for not confuse us unnecessarily!).
Still no video.
Introductory prices in Sweden (approximately converted to Euro)
A290 + 18-55 mm 600 Euro
A390 + 18-55 mm 800 Euro
There will also be dual kits with the 55-200 mm too.
Common specs for both A290 and A390:
9 AF points
ISO up to 3200
Either Memory Stick or SD memory cards (no dual slot, but a single combo slot).
New Help Guide + Tip Function (very clever, says the magazine writer).
I’m glad that the hideous grip from the A230/330/380 is gone!!