Phottix has released v1.06 firmware for the award-winning Phottix Indra500 TTL Studio Light. The new firmware add some tweaks and improvements, including:
- Improves High Speed Sync (HSS) functions in TTL and M (Manual) modes for Nikon & Canon.
- Improves TTL exposure.
- Addition of a Color / Action option for M (Manual) mode to improve color temperature in Custom Settings Menu. To use: Hold the menu button, and, Press and rotate the control knob access the Custom Setting menu.
- “Color” mode offers more stable color temperatures of 5500K +/- 200K, but does not support HSS. “Action” mode supports HSS but color temperature variations of 5500K +/- 400K.
- Deletes the Rotate Knob function at the top of the Menu page.
- Improves Modeling Light Auto Off time to 25 minutes.
The v1.06 firmware with Mac and PC installers can be download here.
Special Note to Mac Users: We are getting mixed reports of the firmware applications and Sudo method working correctly with the El Capitan OS. There appear to be no issues with Mavericks or Yosemite. Recent OS changes by Apple have caused grief to several companies. We will work to resolve any issues with the Mac app.