The Phottix TTL Trigger needs a name! Win a Phottix TTL Trigger for Canon when released and become immortal by naming a product.
The upcoming Phottix TTL Trigger promises to make off-camera TTL shooting powerful and easy. In the final stages of testing Phottix is gearing up by picking a name for this amazing new product.
What can the Phottix TTL Trigger do?
See the post for full details – but in short:
- Wireless 2.4GHz. TTL and Manual Flash Triggering
- High speed sync – shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Remote power control in A:B, A:B C ratio modes with +/- EV …adjustments
- Remote power control of groups in TTL mode with +/- EV …adjustments (3 stops in 1/3 stops)
- Remote manual mode flash power control
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
- On-camera AF Assist Light
Phottix products names are based on Greek myths and heroes – we’d like to expand this to incorporate more nations. Can you pick a name for the Phottix TTL Trigger based on your country’s mythology? Are words in your language a perfect name for this TTL trigger? We want your ideas.
Entering is easy
- “Like” the Phottix Fan Page
- Or, tweet the following: I entered the @phottixjournal name the TTL trigger contest: http://goo.gl/1Q6zb
- Email your name, Facebook user name, or twitter user name, and your TTL trigger name to email@example.com
- The contest will run February 21 to March 4, 2011. Judging will take place: March 7 to 11, 2011. The winner will be announced March 14, 2011.
- The Prize: One Phottix TTL Trigger set for Canon – including one Transmitter and Receiver.
Get brainstorming – now is your time to shine and win a cool prize in the process.
The Fine Print and Rules:
- One entry per email address.
- The contest closes March 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm (GMT +8)
- Names rated on originality, creativity and relation to existing Phottix product names.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- Prize: One Phottix TTL Trigger for Canon set including a transmitter and receiver.
- The winning name, due to copyright and intellectual property regulations, may not be used on final product.
- The winner relinquishes any rights to further compensation if their entry wins and is used.
When is the projected release date for the new triggers? I can hardly wait
Regarding to an sales e-mail it will be april.
Wasn’t it supposed to be called “Helios”?
That name is already pretty established througout the Internet since the October anouncement last year.
Why change it now? Trademark issues I assume?
We can only enter the contest with one name, or we can add many trigger names in the email?
he name of the Trigger Phottix TTL is Prometeo
I wish this name is suitable for the new device.I am so sorry of being too late to enter this contest. I named Phottix Avatar TTL
Name is: ARADIA (Italic mythology)
I am the will of the gods, I am the life.
I am the Lady of the full moon, the one that comes back to remind the Sons of Heaven Ancient Art.
I am the Goddess of love that spreads a mantle of stars over night.
I announce the dawn and greet the sunset. I possess the secret ofof every spell .
I am the one who controls the lightning.
I am the dew that falls on the fields of flowers, the sap flowing in the woods,
that drives the winds and waters, who marries and impregnates the earth, born in fire and fuels the eternal flame that justice cries out to the gods.
I am the one who conquers death and breaks the chains of fear,
I am the pure Spirit of Nature, the free spirit of the universe.
I am the immortal glory of the truth ‘never betrayed.
I am love, I am the life.
I am the daughter of the infinite Light.
I suggest the name is “Pilot”
The winner was suppsoed to be announced on March 14. Any word on the winner?
When release for Nikon version ? Hong kong won’t happy earthquake like japan,right! come on! wait long time!
should be name it to Atmosphäre ..
The naming of the Trigger has past I can’t find out what name won could anyone help!!
so… who won this? :p
So what’s up with this…who won, and what is the new name?
I think it was ‘Odin’
I would like to name Phottix Hero TTL.
When can we see it in the market
I know I’m a bit late for this, but maybe a better name for this one will be “Phottix Alpha”
being the first product from Phottix to feature eTTL and iTTL. Now to differentiate from Canon against Nikon, use:
Phottix Alpha i or Phottix Alpha iT for Nikon
Phottix Alpha e or Phottix Alpha eT for Canon
I like to name it Phottix Angel TTL. I hope that this name will be suitable for the new